Thursday, August 28, 2008

New House!


Andrew and I bought a house! This isn't the best picture but you get the drift. We don't close on it until mid October so cross your fingers that everything goes smoothly. It only took about 3 weeks to find our home but it felt like an eternity. We originally found a home down by the river that we were so excited about. We made an offer and it was a smoking deal. The house was in short sale (pre-foreclosure) and it just happened that the bank I work for owned it which is against the code of ethics so we had to pull our contract. THEN, we found another home (in the same neighborhood as the one we bought) but someone made an offer before we could. So last week while I was in Spokane on business I received a notification of this house. I called Andrew at 5:30am the next morning and asked him to go look at it. He went that day and really liked it so we made an offer (without me seeing it). What a brave wife I am huh? Anyway, it all worked out and we received an accepted contract last week. We're so excited and can't wait for October to get here!


7 comments:

Leslie Becker said...

CONGRATULATIONS! That is so exciting-it is like we are really grown ups now :)

JayandCassandra said...

WOW. I'm so jealous!! I'm still in an apartment!! That house is gorgeous Meg.... absolutely gorgeous!

Marta said...

Girl that house is gorgeous! I love the landscaping! I bet the back yard is cool too because they put so much TLC into the front. Congratulations and I"m so happy for you! Your first home is one of those milestones in life that you never forget! I'm sure Bailey is ecstatic!!

Crystal said...

Congrats on the HOUSE!!! I just found your blog and I'm so glad to be able to keep in contact with you!!! So glad to see you are looking great and doing so Well!! Congrats with everything!!! Loves

Drew Pringle said...

Congratulations !! Let us know when the guest room is ready.

Mathews R us said...

Megs, what a cute house! Where are you? And your wedding pictures are awesome, you are gorgeous!

Melissa said...

Nice house. Where is it? Well Ricky told me you were looking for me so I thought I would say hi. E-mail me sometime when you get a chance. frizbo72@gmail.com
JD